We are Miami’s only public research university, a solutions center for South Florida and the country. The expansion of our campus onto county land means more opportunities (up to 10,000 in additional enrollment) for our students and more jobs for our community. Sixty-five percent of 500,000 Miami-Dade County voters approved this move in late 2014.
Show Your Support
Sign Student Government President Alexis Calatayud’s Change.org petition.
Make sure to share the petition on facebook and twitter after signing.
Student Government President
Proposed Uses of the [ Expanded ] Campus
Academic and Research Space
- classrooms, teaching and technology labs, faculty and staff of ces
- wet and dry research laboratories
- emphasis on facilities that support and expand programs in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- expansion of research capacity within the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing & Health Sciences and the Robert Stempel College of Public Health & Social Work
Incubator, Entrepreneurship and Data Center
- innovation and entrepreneurship space to focus on community economic development
- university research incubator
- data center to support university research and teaching technology
Undergraduate Student Housing Facilities
- approximately 2,000 beds
- student meeting, study and recreation space
- student services
- exercise, health, wellness and recreational facilities for students
- food service facilities
- administrative support and meeting space
- parking garages
- pedestrian pathways and green space